All patrons interested in using our terrain parks are urged to watch the safety video which is available from our website or in the Red Barn Cafeteria. To obtain a DROP ZONE Pass valid for the entire season you must fill out a form providing your name and e-mail address (if you have one). The fee is $10, which covers our processing costs as well as maintenance of the terrain park for your DROP ZONE enjoyment.
In order to use the terrain parks at Mount Southington, it's important to know and understand the rules and safety guidelines for skiing or boarding a freestyle terrain park.
NOTE to Parents: You should review the information on these pages if any child (under 18) that is under your control and/or supervision is interested in using Mount Southington Ski Area's terrain parks.
1. Know the Rules.
Freestyle Terrain contains man-made and natural terrain variations.
Freestyle Terrain changes constantly due to weather and use.
Inspect Freestyle Terrain before using and throughout the day.
In jumping and using this terrain, you assume risk of serious injury.
Be courteous and respect others.
One user on a terrain feature at a time.
Never jump blindly-use a spotter when necessary. Look before you leap!
It is your responsibility to control your body on the ground and in the air.
Always clear the landing area quickly.
Always ride or ski in control and within your ability.
KNOW THE CODE—IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!
2. Watch the Smart Style Safety video.
The Smart Style video is hosted at www.terrainparksafety.org and is brought to you by the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA).
To view the video, click here.
- The Drop Zone rules are posted at the entrance to the park and at the entrance to the ski area.
- Always call your drop and use a spotter.
- Be sure to clear the landing zone quickly.
- In order to enter the Drop Zone, you must show your pass each time.
- The management may close down any hits or features if they feel that maintenance is needed.
- When a closed sign is posted at a hit or feature, obey the sign. It is for your safety.
- Mount Southington does NOT allow inverted aerials in the Drop Zone.
- Helmets are required in the terrain parks.
- Only one person is allowed on a feature at a time.
- Prior to using any hits or features in the Drop Zone, be sure to check out and familiarize yourself with each area.